Severe performance issues after import/export to latest dfWiki

Severe performance issues after import/export to latest dfWiki

by Jon Streeter -
Number of replies: 11

Hey all,

I recently upgraded my dfWIki whose pages were created using a 'pre-export feature' version of dfWiki.

1. I upgraded to the recent version of dfWiki
  2. I exported my current wiki pages (no history)
  3. I loaded up the new server and imported that

the import seemed to work fine -  all the pages were there. Two problems remained, however:

• formatting - pages created with the wysiwyg viewer lost the carraige returns between lines so all the text runs together. (~1000 pages - yikes!)
  • Performance - each page takes 30sec to load now.

The performance issue is the real drawback - the site is very hard to study from now.

Has anyone else had similar issues? any idea how to fix this?  I had originally imported the whole wiki with all the historical versions of all the pages - then, thinking that was the source of the slowdown, i recreated the wiki using just the latest version of each page - but still have the same problem.

thanks for any help you can offer!

-jon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Streeter

Re: Severe performance issues after import/export to latest dfWiki

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI Jon,
thank you for your feedback... We'll get to it rigth now. Juan and antonio will contact with you to find out what's going on.
Can you send us the backup you used to import them on dfwiki to hack a litle.
Regards
Ludo.

In reply to Jon Streeter

by Juan Castaño -

Hi John, pleas send me your backup to juancastanolpz@hotmail.com and I'll take a look at it.

Juan

In reply to Juan Castaño

by Jon Streeter -

Juan,

I am interested to hear if you have been able to reporduce the problem.

happy holidays!

-jon

In reply to Jon Streeter

by Juan Castaño -
Yes, we're working on it.
Happy hollidays,
Juan
In reply to Jon Streeter

by Juan Castaño -
Hello John, I've been investigating on it and I've found out that the block navigator takes too time to load when there are a lot of pages. Try to delete this block and tell me if it works better.
Juan
In reply to Juan Castaño

by Jon Streeter -

that was it!

thank you very much for your help! now we can at least use the thing with limited navigation till a solution is found.

great news.

-jon

In reply to Jon Streeter

by Juan Castaño -
Perfect!
Anyway now you can use the list of pages block, that is much faster than the navigator. Tell me if you can manage please.
Thanks for your testing.
In reply to Juan Castaño

by Jon Streeter -

We can certainly manage like this.

on a different note - did your install reproduce the loss of formatting that we are experienceing?  when i view my pages in the wysigyg editor they look correct - but when they are displayed inline.. the <p> tags do not break to the next line - so everything runs together.

you have been so helpful, i feel like a heel to keep bringing these things up when i am afraid it is something i have done wrong in the install or import.

any ideas?

-jon

In reply to Jon Streeter

by Juan Castaño -
Hi Jon,
we have been able to reproduce the loss of formatting with your file but not with any other file, so we think that maybe the importation of your dfwiki was incorrect or the file have been damaged for something.
Anyway it only happens in dfwiki in a couple of pages so we think it's not a problem for you, is it?
Regards, Juan.

In reply to Juan Castaño

by Jon Streeter -

well,

i cant seem to figure it out - unfortunately the loss of formatting happens on every single one of the several hundred pages....

it is just so wierd that it shows up fine in the editor but not on the page.

i looked through export file and source and i simply cant figure out why it is happening.

the heading4 etc. tags seem to work.

it is just the <p> tages that dont create a new line.  could this be some sort of wierd css issue?

i just dont understand how an import error could cause the formatting to show correctly in the wysiwyg editor but not the actual page.

any ideas?

In reply to Jon Streeter

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Jon,
several weeks ago we detected an eficiency  problem with the load of some bocks, we are working on a solution that takes major code alteration so we'll take our time to give it heavy testing before releasing it.
Regards
Ludo