block course_menu howto get things into it

block course_menu howto get things into it

by Wolfram Lassnig -
Number of replies: 4
Hi.
First of all I must say I'm pretty new to moodle, but very excited of it. I found that block cours_menu on the website of Humboldt University, installed it on my 1.5.3 and everything worked fine and easy, but now im stucked. I see theese trees on the website mentioned above, but I can't find howto do it on my site. I even don't know where to start.
I already searched this forum and googled but could not find anything.
My course menu looks like this and I guess thats the standard:

moodle
    Control Panel
    Turn Editing on    link doesn't work(http://192.168.0.150/view.php?id=3&edit=on)
    Gradebook
    Site     
    Calendar
    Show All Sections

Hope someone can help me
block_course_menutxs in advance
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wolfram Lassnig

Re: block course_menu howto get things into it

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Wolfram,

It's good to hear that you are excited about Moodle - there is lots to discover! tongueout

If you add activities and/or resources to your course then they will automatically appear in the course menu block.

To add an activity, please use the "Turn editing on" button (top right) then select an activity from the drop-down menu within a course section.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Wolfram Lassnig -
Hi Helen,

txs for your anwser, but i think i have to ask more precise.
Is it possible to have a course menu like seen on the humboldt site from where i downlaoded the block course_menu.
I tried to follow your instructions but i wasnt able to get it right.

What i want to have is a menu with course categories in it and this xtree thing for the courses within theese categories. Is that possible?

txs
wo

In reply to Wolfram Lassnig

by Michael Penney -
Sounds like you installed it on the front page. It wasn't made for installing on the front page.

If you view it in a course, one set to topics or weekly format, it should as expected.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Cindy Zhao -

Michael,

Thank you a million for this very important information!!! I spend a very long time searching in the forum on how to fix the problem – front page is the first place I tried and get stuck after installing course_menu files. Will you be able to add this warning to the read me file? It’s so simple, but I think it will be really helpful for many people.

I am impressed by how Humboldt uses Moodle. Your Moodle site sets a wonderful example for us all. I have been a frequent visitor to your Moodle sites borrowing ideas. Thank you!