Multiple session add Error in 3.4

Multiple session add Error in 3.4

by Jason Touw -
Number of replies: 3

I am running 3.4.  When I add multiple sessions allowing students to record their own attendance, with automatic marking set to YES, I get the following error:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$studentpassword in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\mod\attendance\locallib.php on line 588 Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$studentpassword in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\mod\attendance\locallib.php on line 588

The session then appears to add normally.

The ONLY time I get this error.  If I add a session with auto marking set to YES and it is a single session, no error.  If I add multiple sessions and Students Recording their own attendance is NO (unchecked), no error.  

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Touw

Re: Multiple session add Error in 3.4

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

thanks - make sure you're using the latest version from github for the MOODLE_34_STABLE branch and if it's still giving that error can you please create a new issue on github here?

https://github.com/danmarsden/moodle-mod_attendance/issues

I'll be releasing a new version in the plugins db very soon.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jason Touw -

Hi Dan,

I checked and I am running the latest version of the Attendance Plugin 3.4.1 (2017102700).

I created the github issue as you requested.  Thank you for looking into it.

In reply to Jason Touw

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

that's not the latest version (it might be the version available in the moodle.org plugins db.) the latest version is always in github - I will be updating the code in the plugins db soon, but in the meantime you might want to get the code from the relevant branch in github.

thanks,