Multiple attempts - Scorm with Exam

Multiple attempts - Scorm with Exam

by Mark Roebuck -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All.

I have created a SCORM  course in Captivate and this course includes a Quiz at the end, which the student should achieve 70% in to pass.  I want them to have 3 attempts, but I want them to be able to re-visit the course in between attempts if they wish.

I am using this as a 'single activity' so the course and quiz are part of the same file.

Is there a way to achieve what I want?

Regards

Mark.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Roebuck

Re: Multiple attempts - Scorm with Exam

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Mark,

Unless this has changed in a recent version, the attempts for a SCORM activity will not work the way you want.  The automatically start a new attempt gets incremented on launch of the SCO regardless if it had been completed previously.

The only way I know to do this is to track the attempts in your Captivate course itself.  You will need to create a custom persistent variable within your Captivate course.  Depending on what you want to limit, the test or the course will determine which of the slides to put a check of the number of attempts.  You will also need to determine what constitutes an attempt, starting the test or getting to the test assessment screen, and then increment the attempts on that slide.

Ron