Manual backup missing

Manual backup missing

by Matthew Bailey -
Number of replies: 6

After upgrading to 3.4, the manual backup link is missing (Administration > Course administration > Backup).  Any ideas why and how it can fixed?

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.50.22 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthew Bailey

Re: Manual backup missing

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matthew,

You can create a backup of any course by going into the course then clicking the backup link either in the gear menu or the Administration block (depending upon the theme). I'm not sure what you mean by a manual backup link in the site administration?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Matthew Bailey -

Apologies, I'm new to administrating Moodle.   I'm following the docs here.  On my installation there isn't a Backup option in Courses (see screen cap above)

Also, backup is missing under the gear menu as you described.  

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

But the screen shot is of the admin settings not the course settings.  Please go to the course, and look at the administration menu within the course.  Post screenshot.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Matthew Bailey -

I getting the feeling I'm in the wrong area but for the life of me I cannot find Course Administration

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Matthew Bailey -

I finally figured this out, completely user error.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Re: Manual backup [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matthew,

Glad to hear that you figured things out and apologies for the documentation Course backup being confusing. I have edited the page to hopefully make things clear.