Adaptable 1.6.0.2 Problems

Adaptable 1.6.0.2 Problems

by Callum Laverick -
Number of replies: 16

Hi All,

I am using Moodle 3.2.2 , I was using Adaptable version 1.3.3.1 and everything worked perfectly (See Attachment Beforeupdate.png). I then upgrade to 1.6.0.2 and I am now getting some serious display issue. I could really use some help as uninstalling Adaptable and re-installing on the site is not an option.After Update

Attachment BeforeUpdate.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Callum Laverick

Re: Adaptable 1.6.0.2 Problems

by Callum Laverick -

This might not be related but I have also noticed double brackets these appear on the home and search courses. See attachment.

Attachment DoubleBracket[[.PNG

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That looks like a wrong translation. What lang pack are you using?

Notice that English is provided with the theme but English-United States is a language pack that must be translated as any other. AAs far I can see, the translation is still pending for moodle 3.4 and 3.3 (you don't indicate moodle version)

You are free to help to translate Adaptable using AMOS: https://lang.moodle.org/local

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Callum Laverick -

Thank you for the reply. I am using English (en) and it has not been an issue before the update. I manage to find the issue of the problem and it was in the adaptable course settings. Setting "Course Section Activity Bottom Border Style" when changed from dashed to double this then made the home and search course appear with double [[ brackets and lowercase. This might be worth investigating further but for me I am simply just not going to use this option, stay with the good old dash.

by Fernando Acedo -

Did you purge cache after upgrade?

These strings are the same from Adaptable 1.0 and shouldn't change after switch a setting.

by Callum Laverick -

I have purged the cache multiple times, after trying to tweak some of the CSS and changing that setting still effects those two elements for me. But if I just don't change that setting then everything still works perfectly with the theme, so not really an issue.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Callumn,

The quickest way to fix the language file is to navigate to

Site Administration > Languages > Language  Packs 

Then click on the button at the foot of the first column where your English (en) language pack should be listed.

After clicking you will get a notification at the top of the page to say that file and any other files listed have been updated.

This should fix the Home link missing name.

If not, then there is a coding problem.

Hope this helps?

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Callum Laverick -

Hi Mary,

That seems to fix it, I should have tried this before replying to Fernando Acedo, thank you very much.

I have a final question for you if you would'nt mind helping (please).

Im trying to change the current CSS : 

.section .activity.modtype_label.label{
 font-weight: 400;
 padding: .2em;
}
 to

.section .activity.modtype_label.label{
 font-weight: 400;
 padding: 0px;
}

Works fine in the developer tool however when entering into custom CSS in the theme menu, it is not working. I am missing something and have tried with multiple variances of the CSS statement above, and still no luck. If you have some free time to take a look it would really help.

Thanks in advance.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Callum,

Glad that fixed the Lang strings...

You should be able to override the Adaptable CSS by adding this CSS to the Custon CSS box in the Adaptable setting page...

Since this is only to change the padding there is no need to add the font-weight as that value has not changed.

This will force the change in the theme, or should!

.section .activity.modtype_label.label {
padding: 0 !important;
}
Hope this helps
Cheers
Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Callum Laverick -

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the reply. I tried your CSS and unfortunately no luck. I have also tried the code below and nothing. I think at this point I am going to just add this into the main CSS file for the theme, as the code is correct but just not working when entering this into the Adaptable custom CSS box.

" div.activity-wrapper {

margin: 10px 0 10px 0 !important;

padding: 1px 10px 1px 10px !important;

}"

Kind Regards

Callum

by Mary Evans -

Just wondering why nothing works in your Adaptable theme CUSTOM CSS Callum?

Also, I am a little worried in case you are adding those quotation marks too, " " if so then that's probably why! They are definatly NOT NEEDED!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Callum Laverick -
Quotation marks are 1000% not in the CSS lol.

I have a fair amount of custom CSS for the theme entered only through the front end "custom CSS & JS". I even have code that you helped with a few months back regarding users name above the top navigation bar. This is still working fine.

Over the weekend when the active users drop off, I am going to try removing all custom  CSS and start from scratch to see if there is an issue within there. 

All these issues stem from upgrading adaptable to the most recent version, i'm not pointing fingers but is there a way to roll back the theme version?

by Daniell Goodin -

I am finding a few problems through out our site too with the upgrade. 

Seems since upgrade our favourite little set of "Thumbnails" code is not playing nice and now act like Modal box's. 

As in code is not contained with in the "Span" and Pictures are a mess. They are small and expand when you mouse over them.  

As we are back into the swing of things for the students, I haven't got time to play around for a day and debug this. 

So will just have to strip out this HTML code and use bootstrap grid as a quick way to fix it all. 

Painful as got around 30 pages with these one throughout a course. sad

Edits: Changing <div class="thumbnail"> to <div class="well"> is a quick fix for anyone else that needs to do this. 

by Fernando Acedo -

As Mary indicated, first remove the quotes because this is not a valid CSS code.

activity-wrapper is a class used by Adaptable to apply styles to several course formats. If you want  to overwrite the default code you must !important to the properties.

by Fernando Acedo -

We introduced a new course design from Adaptable version 1.5. You can modify the settings in the Course section configuration page

by Callum Laverick -

Thank you for the reply. I have been looking at these setting for the best part of morning yesterday and I had no luck in reducing the padding but the amount it has gained in the update. Best I could shave off was around 8px in the course settings. After inspecting in developer tools I need to shave off around 30-35px to get the same style of course as we had before.

I have been trying some custom CSS for this but without much luck. I just really want the same look that we had before but after the update I just cant seem to do this, if you have any suggestions other than the limited course settings could you let me know. 

Thank you smile 

by Manoj Solanki -

Hi Callum,

Similar issue was posted In this thread  https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=364711 and I posted this suggested custom CSS below to remove extra padding.  The label settings also added as this has a little extra padding in some cases.  We'll look to add settings for this to allow users to control this.

If it doesn't, perhaps check if any other custom css is interfering with these declarations. 

.section li.activity {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
}

div.activity-wrapper {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;
}

li.label .activity-wrapper .no-overflow {
   padding: 0;
}
/* For a label, this gets rid of margin space that comes from bootstrap base (the parent theme) in the case where you have "p" tags in the label html code itself.  A similar example might work for other html tags if they're adding extra space */
li.label .activity-wrapper .no-overflow p { margin: 0; }