Feedback module: no 'answer the questions' link

Re: Feedback module: no 'answer the questions' link

by fish bicycle -
Number of replies: 3

Thanks, Emma. You were right! I amended permissions and the link showed up.

Appreciate the help and such a quick reply!

In reply to fish bicycle

by Rebecca Ogrady-Marshall -

Hi everyone,

Which permissions did you amend for the link to show up.  I have the permissions for students set to complete a feedback, view a feedback and view the analysis page, but am not getting the link, just the magnifying glass.

Thanks!

In reply to Rebecca Ogrady-Marshall

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is the feedback in a course?  Or on the front page?  

Are you testing as an actual student?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Rebecca Ogrady-Marshall -

Hi Emma, thanks for your reply.

We're using Moodle 3.5 and the feedback block on course pages.  The original activity is on the front page.

I have figured it out!

My solution was that even though students are enrolled as 'students' on the courses, where the feedback blocks are.  They are default users on the front page, where the actual activity is located.  The role on the page with the activity is the role that is used when the activity is repeated using a block.

So, I had to go and change permissions for the default users role, so that role could respond to the feedback activity.

It would have worked by enrolling all students into the student role on the front page, but we have too many students to do that easily, and it doesn't support the enrolment setup.