Can't upgrade to 3.3.3+

Re: Moodle in English: Re: Can't upgrade to 3.3.3+

by Joseph Mary -
Number of replies: 0

Thanks. They installed it and I upgraded to 3.3.3 then 3.4. They had to enable php 7 for 3.4 which seems to be working now but right after it was enabled it overloaded the server...a reboot and it seems stable now.

I still had these errors I did not bother with:

unsupported_db_table_row_format

if this test fails, it indicates a potential problem

Your database has tables using Antelope as the file format. You are recommended to convert the tables to the Barracuda file format. See the documentation Administration via command line for details of a tool for converting InnoDB tables to Barracuda.

Check

cURL PHP extension is not installed

It has been detected that libcurl doesn't have CURLOPT_PROTOCOL support. An up-to-date libcurl installation is recommended for security reasons.

Check

site not https

It has been detected that your site is not secured using HTTPS. It is strongly recommended to migrate your site to HTTPS for increased security and improved integration with other systems.

Check

mysql_full_unicode_support

The current setup of MySQL or MariaDB is using 'utf8'. This character set does not support four byte characters which include some emoji. Trying to use these characters will result in an error when updating a record, and any information being sent to the database will be lost. Please consider changing your settings to 'utf8mb4'. See the documentation for full details.

Check