RESOLVED | My Courses in Boost in Moodle 3.4 don't show courses

RESOLVED | My Courses in Boost in Moodle 3.4 don't show courses

by Victor Kindinger -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

I am using the last Moodle 3.4+ without modifications or plugins and the Boost theme.

In Moodle 3.2 in the Nav Drawer, in My Courses, there was a list of the courses the user was enrolled to, but in 3.4 under My Courses there is only the "More..." button, which leads to the course categories of the site.

There is an option to show the user courses like 3.2?

(Edited by Mary Evans - RESOLVED - original submission Tuesday, 28 November 2017, 4:06 PM)

Attachment Diference of My Courses in the Nav Drawer between 3.2 and 3.4.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Victor Kindinger

Re: My Courses in Boost in Moodle 3.4 don't show courses

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Check to see if the courses that you think should be showing have a completion date prior to today.  Also make sure the the course is not hidden.  And make sure that you (or the student who you are logging in as) is in the course.

Yes, I do recall that getting courses to show requires certain criteria to be within the course.  Maybe others will know more.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Victor Kindinger -

"Check to see if the courses that you think should be showing have a completion date prior to today" - Sorry, couldn't  understand that.

The course is not hidden and the user is enrolled to it. Before the upgrade to 3.4 from 3.2 I could see the courses normally, since it can't anymore.

Thanks for the reply.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I suggest you go to Site administration> Appearance >Navigation and look at the setting "Course limit" If is is set to 0 or if there is nothing in it at all, then the My courses will indeed only display a More link.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Victor Kindinger -

That is it!

Thank you so much, Mary. I didn't knew about this option, maybe another admin change it from the default 10 to 0, it seems unlikely to the upgrade change it.

Any way, thank you very much!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Courses have end dates now - check that the course hasn't ended - from the dashboard, do you see the courses in the past section?

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Victor Kindinger -

Thanks for the reply, now its already resolved.

Actually, I don't use the end dates for the courses, I let it disabled.

But thank you for the reply!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to clarify before we explore any further.. you are definitely enrolled in some courses? Are you the administrator or a regular user?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Victor Kindinger -
I'm sorry for take so long to answer, had some problems with my email.

Those print screens were taken logged with my student user, witch, as with any other student user, used to show the courses enrolled to in the drawer, but after upgrade from 3.2 to 3.4 it doesn't happen any more.

So, yes, I am enrolled to some courses with the student user, with my admin user I am enrolled too and it doesn't show the courses in the same way, before it did.

Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.