Authentication plugin {$a} not found (Moodle 3.3+Eguru theme)

Re: Authentication plugin {$a} not found (Moodle 3.3+Eguru theme)

by Schwann Chan -
Number of replies: 5

I diagnosed the problem and got this detailed error message.

stack trace

In reply to Schwann Chan

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So something went wrong with your upgrade.  Did you copy across all plugins?  Are you using a customized authentication plugin?

Or you have customized the site and it broke something when you upgraded...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Schwann Chan -

Hi Emma,

I didn't use any customized authentication plugin. i just add some customized fields to the signup page. So I replaced the current "signup_form.php" with the original version, and when I filled out all the fields, it showed this error:

error message

I have configured the SMTP settings and LDAP settings as below:

SMTP settings

LDAP settings

And also enabled Email-based self-registration:

auth

set

In reply to Schwann Chan

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would recommend reinstalling a fresh version of Moodle code without your customizations.  It is impossible to know what you have done but something has obviously broken here!

You can use user profile fields to add additional profile fields without hacking the code.  I would suggest trying that...you can't just add files that worked in a previous version and expect them to work in a new version.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Schwann Chan -

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your reply. The problem still exists even though I reinstall the Moodle website. Since the server doesn't require authentication, I disable SMTP authentication in moodle_phpmailer.php and set “smtpauthtype” value NULL in “mdl.config” table.

moodle_phpmailer.php

mdl_config table

However, I still receive the error message:

error message

I have no idea how to handle this issue. 

Schwann