cmi.core.score.raw is 0 even though all my answers are correct

cmi.core.score.raw is 0 even though all my answers are correct

by Simon Knoth -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

I've embedded a storyline project on a Moodle platform (via SCORM 1.2) and tracked the results of a quiz. Most of the time, everything works fine. However, there are cases where the cmi.core.score.raw remains at 0 despite correct answers.

Can someone help me?

Thanks and regards, Simon

Attachment Screenshot_SCORM error.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Knoth

Re: cmi.core.score.raw is 0 even though all my answers are correct

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

the score must be passed from your SCORM package - quite often some scorm packages only pass the score to the LMS on the final slide and if the student closes the window before viewing the final slide you won't get a score passed.

You should enable the SCORM debugger in Moodle and take a close look at the logs to see when the raw score is sent and see if you can reproduce the same issue.

Take a look here for more info:
https://docs.moodle.org/en/SCORM_FAQ#Debugging

In reply to Simon Knoth

Re: cmi.core.score.raw is 0 even though all my answers are correct

by Leah Hemeon -
Picture of Testers

Hi Simon,

I agree completely with Dan that you should try the SCORM debugging available in Moodle. Something else we do for all SCORM 1.2 packages are to run them through SCORM Cloud before pulling them into Moodle. We check all ways through the course, passing and failing to ensure the scores are both reported and reported accurately (e.g. percentages vs points) to the LMS. SCORM Cloud is free for this type of testing. This way you know if your SCORM package is working on its own or if it's a Moodle settings isssue.

Also, what version of Moodle are you running? There were some updates to the SCORM module a few (or more) versions ago that fixed a few things too. 

Finally, what version of Storyline are you using and what settings? We had to choose very specific settings in both Storyline and Moodle to ensure things are reported correctly. Having your results slide before the last slide of your course works well too.

Good luck!