Embedded content doesn't appear in app

Embedded content doesn't appear in app

by Jan Waginski -
Number of replies: 9

Has anyone found that embedded content doesn't appear in the app, that you have to use the browser view?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan Waginski

Re: Embedded content doesn't appear in app

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

we'd need to know:

- The type of content being embedded

- Your Moodle version

- Your app version

- Your phone model / OS (i.e: Android X, iPhone X)

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Jan Waginski -

Hi Juan,

1) I'm using content developed in Visme (https://www.visme.co/) - it's a great app for presentations that gives you both a responsive and fixed embed code. I use the responsive code in Moodle, but it doesn't show up in the app.

2) Moodle Cloud and the latest version of the official android app

3) Samsung Note 4

In reply to Jan Waginski

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

could you attach here the responsive content generated?

Have you tried in another device or with Moodle Desktop?

If your device is using a very old Android version, like 4.1 it won't probably show

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Jan Waginski -

It works fine in the browser on my device, just not in the Moodle  app:

Here is an example:

Responsive code:

<script src="//my.visme.co/visme.js"></script><div class="visme_d" data-url="q6rr986e-untitled-project" data-w="1366" data-h="768" data-domain="my"></div><p style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 10px; color: #333333">Created using <a href="https://www.visme.co/presentation-software/" target="_blank" style="color: #30a0ea"><strong>Visme</strong></a>. Free Online Presentation Software.</p>

Fixed code:

<iframe src="//my.visme.co/embed/q6rr986e-untitled-project" height="768" width="1366" style="border: 0px;" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 10px; color: #333333">Created using <a href="https://www.visme.co/presentation-software/" target="_blank" style="color: #30a0ea"><strong>Visme</strong></a>. Free Online Presentation Software.</p>

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Jan Waginski -

Android 6.0.1

I've never used Moodle desktop. I don't have permission to install anything on our school computers, which are ancient anyway, so I have to rely on the browser version. A lot of the students, however, don't have data plans so they need to rely on the Moodle app when they're on the go.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Mei Ling -
Hi Juan,

I have the same problem with JW. I'm using Note 8, however the embed contents which created by Visme still unable to show out. May i know is Moodle app can't support for the embed code from external website? 

I have figured out another external website embed code can't be support by Mobile App it https://www.tickcounter.com

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

In reply to Jan Waginski

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

could you attach here a Moodle backup of an activity using embedded content so we can check what is happening? Ideally, you could create a new bug in the Moodle Tracker (MOBILE project)

There are several security restrictions when using iframes / external content in mobile app so we need to analyze how this could be solved

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Emmanuel Remy -

Hi,

Got same issue with the mobile app when embedding local ressources. I'm using the following code to embed html5 content created in hype but the ressource does not display in the label :

<iframe src="../pluginfile.php/1215/mod_resource/content/0/C4-DIC-IDENTIFIER/C4-DIC-IDENTIFIER.html" width="100%" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Does anyone know how to display local content in labels?

Thanks.

Manu

In reply to Emmanuel Remy

by Emmanuel Remy -

Precision : I want to display synchronized content in labels but not online one.

Thanks for help

Manu