A new Moodle Mobile app is on its way!

Re: A new Moodle Mobile app is on its way!

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Dan,

sorry, I totally missed this post.

We are thinking about supporting bootstrap yes, could you list here the styles (or links to bootstrap doc) that you use? or those widely used you are aware of?

I can't promise it will be ready for 3.5 though, we are really really busy and we need to check how the Moodle 3.5 boostrap 4 update will affect those styles 

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Ian MacKinnon -

Hi Juan,

What’s the current outlook for Bootstrap compatibility with 3.5? I would say it needs to support all the components but as a minimum: Alerts, Buttons, Labels, Tables, Grid (all with the styled classes eg info, primary, success, danger etc).

Outstide of BS there have been issues with basic CSS styling (eg h1-6). Will these be fixed for the new release?

Cheers,
Ian

In reply to Ian MacKinnon

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Ian!

Thanks for your question. We are currently working on the new version and we don't have the final image of what we will support. As you may know, Ionic and Bootstrap have many things in common but also it could create conflicts. It's not easy to support everything and there are many Bootstrap versions.

However, we will support main content format classes like text-left, right, center... text-success, danger etc... In order to discuss and improve all this topic I've created an issue. We should discuss the scope of Bootstrap and Fontawesome support.

Have a great day! Cheers!

Pau