Unable to Submit Assignment

Unable to Submit Assignment

by Alan Cherwinski -
Number of replies: 8

Moodle 2.9.3+ (Build: 20151209)  LAMP The plugin appear to up to date.

Nothing has changed in the Moodle environment for a year or more, but now participants cannot submit an assignment file. I only get the spinning wheel. The upload assignment was working on the Spring.  The course has not changed either.

Debugging does not generate any error.

Thank you for any advice.

Alan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Cherwinski

Re: Unable to Submit Assignment

by Alan Cherwinski -

Thanks Emma - I used the Admin/Development/Purge all Cache function and the file picker still does not load. Just Just the spinning wheel.   It looks like the file picker for the whole site is not working.  I can't create a File activity either. It is not only the Assignment.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That is indicating that you have a javascript/ajax problem.  Have you recently installed any plugins?  Or changed themes?  For example, sharing cart plugin has been breaking functionality when used in conjunction with Boost based themes.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Alan Cherwinski -

Nothing  - no application files have been touched or reconfigured in probably 2 years. The sites are sort of mothballed, but were working a few months ago. It seems like all file picker or selection of repository are not loading.  Through the Html editor I am unable to add a file, image, media - Manage Files is also not loading.  The PHP version would be updated in the last year.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try turning off javascript caching and see if that resolves it.  If not, something must have happened on the server - you might start with the server logs.

by Alan Cherwinski -

Thanks, I am asking my Web host (ServInt) to look into the appache logs. Without an error or even a time out it might not show anything. I found it works on Mobile interface.  Thanks.

by Alan Cherwinski -

Thanks, I am asking my Web host (ServInt) to look into the appache logs. Without an error or even a time out it might not show anything. I found it works on Mobile interface.  Thanks.

by Alan Cherwinski -

As the issue relates not only to the Assignment Module - carried on in the General forum. Thank you for your help and suggestions.