Uninstalled unoconv plugin in error from my moodle site

Uninstalled unoconv plugin in error from my moodle site

by orlando clement -
Number of replies: 5

Hello i uninstalled unoconv from moodle and now i can't get it back i looked on moodle website plugins page and its not listed there. So to reinstall i also tried to install it back using the information i got from the link below. https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Installing_unoconv

I have A CENTOS server so i used --->

yum install openoffice* openoffice-pyuno git clone https://github.com/dagwieers/unoconv.git 

# copy cp unoconv/unoconv /usr/bin 

# or link unoconv to /usr/bin ln -s unoconv/unoconv /usr/bin/unoconv

The install was successful but when i go back into my moodle and search for the plugin i get No results found, i am not sure now how to get the unoconv plugin back into my moodle database  can anyone help me with this matter.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to orlando clement

Re: Uninstalled unoconv plugin in error from my moodle site

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Unconv - plugin?  I don't think there is an actual plugin called unoconv...there is only the server install...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by orlando clement -

Hi Emma 

So how can i get it back showing in my moodle because there where Unconv listed under plugins before i uninstalled it .

Thanks 

by orlando clement -

Ok i finally figured out how to add back unoconv plug-in back to moodle after uninstalling it, and for reference to others that might make the same mistake as me.

First thing I did was to install a second Moodle after installation I went into file manager on my web server and located the Moodle folder (( moodle / files / converter  )))) and copied the (( unoconv )) folder to my main site in the same location moodle / files / converter / unoconv 

I then refreshed my website and it found the Unoconv plugin on the installaddon/index.php page click Upgrade Moodle database and Unoconv was back working on my site.

To save you my first steps of having to installing a test moodle site to obtain the Unoconv folder in  moodle / files / converter / unoconv

I have inclose the zip file of this folder so all that needs to be done is copy to the  /converter directory hope this helps smile 

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In the commands you show you used to install unoconv, there were two options ...

which of these did you use?

# copy cp unoconv/unoconv /usr/bin

# or link unoconv to /usr/bin ln -s unoconv/unoconv /usr/bin/unoconv

Also, it appears that either one dependent upon where you were located when issuing the commands.

Unoconv is a python script and there should be a reference/listing for unoconv in /usr/bin/

As root user:

cd /usr/bin/

ls -l unoconv

To see if it's there.

As far as reference to it in Moodle, it was never a plugin (Emma is correct).   There was, however, a setting for the path to unoconv and an option to use Google or Unoconv ... but NOT a separate 'typical' plugin.

Use the Site Admin area search and search for 'path' to find the config area for paths.

As far as what you un-installed from the Moodle Admin interface, did you un-install unoconv in Document Converters?

http://site/admin/settings.php?section=managefileconverterplugins

If so, then I don't think there is a separate download of that code to install as a plugin.   You might have to download the code for the version you have, find the fileconverter code, then copy it back to your production server.

Am looking for that now .... but have been un-able to locate.   Maybe a true coder/programmer could help us out here

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by orlando clement -

Hi Ken 

i used 

# ln -s unoconv/unoconv /usr/bin/unoconv

because with # cp unoconv/unoconv /usr/bin  i had an error saying 

cp: cannot stat ‘unoconv/unoconv’: Not a directory

Now in moodle i am getting (( The version of unoconv you have installed is not supported. )) 

so still not working not sure what to do now.

with # ls -l unoconv i am getting 

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 58726 Jun 10  2014 unoconv