How to easily Customizing template by css through FTP

How to easily Customizing template by css through FTP

by Antony Barela -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle version 3.1,template Adaptable

I have the following issue,i good at designing by css codes in PHP enviroment but in Moodle is still stuck,i switched true the themedesignermode. But when i try to add some new lines to my costume.css file its behave really strange, i can not see immediatly the changes,also the whole design seems fault,i need to refresh many-many time to see something work.

I am able to edit the TEmplate/Adaptable/custome css but its not efficient for me because i would like to edit the login page and i can not see if i am logged in.

The question is how to edit css files through FTP and see the results immediatly also how can i switch the value of themedesignermode through FTP?

I am sorry i made a lot of research before i open this topic,thank you for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antony Barela

Re: How to easily Customizing template by css through FTP

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

One of the goals of Adaptable was get the admins to manage the full theme without web development skills and without access the server (this is restricted in many moodle sites by sys admin)

So you don't need to access any CSS file by FTP. Just add the content to the CSS custom box and reload the page. Adaptable will add the code to the CSS file (moodle generates one file when caching)

If you can't see the changes then verify the Mode Designer is ON or just purge cache each time. Or, if you are developing and want to be sure the Designer mode is always on then add this line to the config.php file:

$CFG->themedesignermode = true;

It is highly recommended to avoid files modifications because you will lose the changes after an upgrade. Never write on them. Just add the custom CSS code in the specific box.