How to Customize or Edit theme

How to Customize or Edit theme

by akhilesh dongre -
Number of replies: 6

hello,

I'm Akhilesh Dongre and im a student of Engineering. i want to make some courses through moodle. i know the how to create courses,how to add course, how to add user etc. but i dont know about how to customize themes,how to change UI an so on. so i just want to learn how to customize or edit User Interface.
i request you please help me as early as possible.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to akhilesh dongre

Re: How to Customize or Edit theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Akhilesh,

There are two aspects to Moodle theme development:

• Software skills such as PHP, HTML, CSS etc.
  • Understanding the Moodle theme API etc.

For the former just follow any guide pertaining to them, for the latter start with https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Moodle in English: Re: How to Customize or Edit theme

by akhilesh dongre -
i go through your way but its to hard.

and its not easy to customize theme for me

continuously i watching videos of boost theme but i cant understand.

have you some different way to customize theme for me.

please help me

thank you

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Gareth J Barnard (via Moodle.org) <

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you just want to customise the Boost theme then have you looked at the Boost pages settings in Site administration of your site? There is a place to upload theme presets to help people - and you can get some from the Moodle.net repository and then upload them into your site.

Also, as long as your current theme works well for the users and on  mobile then I wouldn't worry so much about major customisations - I would focus on ensuring your courses are high qualitysmile

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Akhilesh,

Whoever said it was easy!  It has taken me years of hard work and dedication to gain the knowledge of Moodle Themes that I currently have and I'm still learning.

I do have a paid for course - http://www.moodlebites.com/mod/page/view.php?id=3208 - though.  This is run by HRDNZ, a Moodle Partner.

Gareth