Creating a webservice to allow access to remote site

Creating a webservice to allow access to remote site

by Paul P. -
Number of replies: 0
I would like to know how to configure the webservice plugin in moodle to allow a user who is logged into moodle to access content in a remote site without having to log into the remote site.  Basically, the external LMS is going to send a link to an activity to the teacher of the course and the teacher will put it on the course page.  Any student in the course can click on the link and should automatically enter the activity on the other site.  Is this something I need to write a plugin for? 

So far I've followed the steps in "Users as clients with token" (found under admin/settings.php?section=webservicesoverview) and I've enabled web services in advanced features, I enabled the soap protocol, and I created a custom service and configured it as recommended.  I also created the webservice role and assigned a webservice user with that role as a system role.

However, I can't seem to figure out what functions to include and how to actually implement it.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks!

Average of ratings: -