Attendance Import

Re: Attendance Import

by Mohammad Hossain -
Number of replies: 7

Hi Dan,

I am interested to work on import feature. I need some help to work on it. First of all,   I would like to know from which page in your plugins I can add navigation bar Import next to Export. Once I have got some  Idea, I can play around it and will look for opportunity to add the feature.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

In reply to Mohammad Hossain

by Radim Chvála -

The entry for Import into Dates, times and description of the "Attendance" sessions is here (Moodle 3.5):

Site administration / ► Plugins / ► Activity Modules / ► Manage Activities / Attendance / Settings / Card "Import Session"

- The "Attendance" module must be inserted in the course before import.

- I tried to import sessions with "periodic repetition," but it doesn't work.

- It is possible to import attendance to several courses in one file at a time, but it must not have the same start and end times. You need a minimum of 1 minute difference. (See the attached file). Does anyone know how to solve this problem please?

In reply to Mohammad Hossain

by ABRAR HAIDER -

How can i import the attendance of students from the file .csv to the Session?

In reply to ABRAR HAIDER

by Therese White -
Hi! I'm also interested in this. We have a situation where people would need to attend one or more attendance activities in a course, but we want to add the attendance as a bulk enroll after the session has happened, rather than taking attendance manually. Is there any update on this or would anyone like more information? Thanks and wishing all well!
In reply to Therese White

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you are using the latest version of the attendance plugin (avaiable from github) you will see a new "Upload attendance by CSV" button at the top of the page when viewing the session marking:
Attendance session marking
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Therese White -

Hi Dan, Thanks!  That's the issue.  May I please have the link to the latest version on github? 😀  

In reply to Therese White

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Have a look in the moodle.org plugins database for the attendance plugin and then follow the links under "source control url" link under the "useful links" section.
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Karen McFarland -

Hi Dan,

Can you help me understand what "attendance instance" means when looking at the attendance report as a student.  When the report is grouped by week the amount of absences look correct, however when a student clicks "attendance instance" the amount of absences are doubled.

See below screenshot.

Thank you!