Why Moodle may not be the best solution for a paid online training site

Re: Why Moodle may not be the best solution for a paid online training site

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
You are talking to the wrong crowd. Try "Moodle for Business Uses" https://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=32.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Walter Byrd -

I went to the "Moodle for Business Uses" forum. Seems to be fairly inactive.

I posted anyway. Will see how it goes.

In reply to Walter Byrd

by Mihir J -

Hi Walter

Good post.

Actually to use moodle in paid online learning site, you need to extend moodle, to do few things

a) A plugin where you can show the course details - which people call it marketing of the course

b) a shopping cart - to resolve the flow you have shown in the video as well as giving various options

We have developed this and it seems to be working out well with our customers. Have a look at http://english.azliquortraining.com/  a sample site.

Please note - this is not a promotion, it is just to show you that it is possible to do it.

On another approach discussed here - drupal + moodle , actually after Moodle 3.3 , it is so convenient to replicate few things of drupal in moodle itself that many people no longer prefer two systems. 

thanks!

Mihir

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mihir J

by Walter Byrd -

Mihir J,

Thank you for your reply.

Great looking site. Very nice work.

Did you do this with just Moodle? Or did you buy some add-on? Or integrate with Drupal or something?

If you did it with just Moodle, did you have to actually write PHP code? Or did you do it with configuration and standard plug-ins?

Can you give some examples of features in Moodle 3.3 that replicate Drupal functionality? Do you know if Moodle plans to add any new feature in 3.4 or later that would be relevant to what I'm trying to do?

In reply to Mihir J

by samba ball -

Hi Mihir J,

I've been looking for this solution for a little while and I'm not successful. I will want to know if I can have the code that allows to do it ??

Thank you