Essential Theme Social Icons in M 3.3.1+

Essential Theme Social Icons in M 3.3.1+

by John Jackson -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings,

I just upgraded one of my sites using the Essential theme from Moodle 3.1 to Moodle 3.3.1+. I updated the Essential theme to the most recent version, using the automatic plugin update, to 3.3.1.0.

The site has 5 social network icons in the header, and in version 3.1 they displayed just fine. With the upgrade to 3.3.1 in Chrome, Firefox and Safari the icons overlay the "Blocks editing on" button and the "Turn editing on" button within a course. The row of icons jumps up and down, sometimes to the right of the header graphic, sometimes a bit lower. 

In Safari they move around the same way, but they are just grey blocks, with no graphics within the grey boxes. 

Firefox is similar to Safari. 

So part of the problem appears to be a bug in the responsiveness of the theme, and part of it appears to be associated with Google web fonts.

The screen shot is from Safari. 

Any suggestions, or should I just move this over to Tracker?

John

Attachment screen shot.jpeg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Jackson

Re: Essential Theme Social Icons in M 3.3.1+

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Make the logo smaller and remove the white space on the right in it so that it does not push the icons down.  And please read the instructions that come with the 'logo' / 'logodesktopwidth' settings etc.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by John Jackson -

Thanks for the tip. Trimming the white space from logo as much as possible helped a bit. The social icons still do overlap other screen elements as the window size is made smaller on a desktop.

Now the Google web fonts are working on Firefox and Safari. Perhaps you tweaked the css a bit.

Many thanks for providing this theme. The new look is nice and clean. smile

John

In reply to John Jackson

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi John,

No worries, you could always experiment with 'logodesktopwidth' setting.  The header method was changed to be more flexible and less buggy than before and before that.  But no solution is perfect for every situation.

G