Moodle 3.3 Calendar - not all dates are highlighted

Moodle 3.3 Calendar - not all dates are highlighted

by Sue Holtz -
Number of replies: 8
We are using Moodle 3.3. We entered due dates on the course calendar for the period September 11 - November 8. The dates on which assignments are due are highlighted with a circle on the calendar - with the exception of October 23 - October 31. When you click on those dates, nothing shows. When you go to October 20 and click forward to October 23, the assignment shows on the day display. I tried entering a new event on one of the missing days, but no luck. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Holtz

Re: Moodle 3.3 Calendar - not all dates are highlighted

by Sue Holtz -

Help???? We are also using the current version of Essential theme.

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

A screen shot might help us see the problem.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Sue Holtz -

A picture of the calendar is attached. There are events scheduled for October 23, 24, 26, 27, 30 & 31. They are not highlighted on the calendar, they do not show up on the detailed month view for October; however, if I click on an event scheduled for Friday, October 20 and then click forward to the following Monday (October 23rd), I can see the scheduled events. I can also go into a different course and schedule events for those days. Is there a limit to the number of events that can be scheduled in one month? This instructor got very detailed in the events listed, with one event per activity and three to four activities occurring on one day.

Attachment 2017-08-31_1132.png
In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There is a setting "days to look ahead" in the Site administration > Calendar settings. Does it help if you change that to a longer period?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sue Holtz -

Thanks, Mary, but no that does not help. I did try changing that setting from 3 weeks ahead to one month and then purged the cache, but no luck. Frustrating thing is the course starts on 9/11 and runs through 11/3. The last week and a half in October are the only ones missing from the calendar.

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Olaf Koch -

We have exactly the same problem, after updating to moodle 3.3 ....

It seems like moodle cannot display serveral dates from different courses on one day at the same time. If you hide e.g. the global dates the course dates are visible again .

Attachment calendarProblem1.jpg
Attachment calendarProblem2.jpg
In reply to Olaf Koch

by Sue Holtz -

Thank you! We went back and reduced the number of events in October and that worked. It seems like once you go over 40 events for the month, they will not display on the calendar.