Downloading report as csv for Excel gives error

Re: Downloading report as csv for Excel gives error

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Thomas,

In my case with Hot Question, it would have been simple to change the string from "ID"  to "id" but then it would not have "looked" the same as the rest of the column headings in the downloaded file. Besides, in my case, I felt that it was more logical to have the ID field come after the first and last names since it is the Moodle ID number for that person, so I just reorganized the file structure.

I think it would be a simple fix too. The problem comes down to getting a Moodle developer to take the time to fix it.

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Downloading report as csv for Excel gives error

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Thomas for contributing your suggested fix of changing the string from "ID" to "id" to the English fixes (en_fix) language pack. However, the problem would remain in all other languages. Thus, I have commented in the two issues AL found, MDL-39156 and MDL-45452, in the hope that a developer will respond and work on a fix for all languages.