Saving settings on Big Blue Button?

Re: Saving settings on Big Blue Button?

by Jesus Federico -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Sara,

Do you mean to save the WebRTC/Flash/Java permissions so the the browser "remembers" the next time the user uses the resource? 

Well, for these permissions we need to remember that this is a Browser thing and not a BBB one. And as far I can remember they are required only the first time you launch into this site (unless you clean cache and settings)

The WebRTC/Flash permissions (meaning webcam and audio) should be remembered (at least Chrome and Firefox do) as long as you always use the same BBB server, meaning you are not behind a load balancer that is giving you access to a different server every time. 

Java, well I am afraid you need to download (end execute) the extension ever time.

In Chrome you can check what permissions you have for the particular site once you are in the session. If you click Manage microphone settings you can see what sites have been allowed to use this resource. Same for the webcam and Flash.

Now, for the Flash settings, there is also a section when you can change the default behaviour for flash (which I would not recommend)

But again keep in mind that these are settings in the browser so every single user accessing that site has to do that.

if you mean the tests of webcam and mic included in BBB, these can also be disabled in BBB by editing the config.xml file. 

/var/www/bigbluebutton/client/conf/config.xml

You have to be the admin of that BBB server and the changes will apply to all the users of that particular server.

I personally would not recommend it as you may hit some other issues of people with Hw or OS problems not able to identify. Which means a lot of unnecessary requests to the Technical Support team

I hope this helps

JF

P.S. It is fine to ask anywhere about this kind of questions, but your chances of getting a better and quicker response to questions directly related to BBB are maximised in the BBB mailing list bigbluebutton-setup