How to get back the old dashboard?

How to get back the old dashboard?

by Henry Patz -
Number of replies: 6
Good morning from rainy Germany,

my users and me are asking, where in moodle331+ is the switch back to the old fashioned dashboard? One (Admin or may be a single user) should be able to decide, weather the new or the old functionality makes sense for his users or for himself.

And: Especially the "old" function to show the unread discussions is missing and the whole "look and feel" changed. Changes should make life easier, it's much more complicated now needing extra clicks...

Just the meaning of a group of users. Thanks for listening. And may be there are solutions, I have not seen.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Henry Patz

Re: How to get back the old dashboard?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can install the old course overview block and use that on your dashboard. It is available as a plugin in the Plugins database here: Course overview (legacy)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Henry Patz -
Many thanks, Mary, so I could have asked in the German section. smile

Henry
In reply to Henry Patz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Indeed big grin

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mark Roche -

Hi,

I've just started to look at the new features in 3.3.

Does this mean that the new Course Overview dashboard doesn't allow unread forum post notifications?

Thanks

Mark

In reply to Mark Roche

by Mary Cooch -

That is correct; it doesn't. However, there is a tracker issue which you can vote for if you would like this feature: MDL-58913