How to replace zip file uploaded in moodle plugin directory ?

How to replace zip file uploaded in moodle plugin directory ?

by Amrata Ramchandani -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Is it possible to replace already uploaded zip file in Plugins directory after correcting PHP Code Validation Errors shown in Plugins Directory.If yes,how ?

And, code validation done by plugin bots is on the code submitted on github or the zip file submitted ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amrata Ramchandani

Re: How to replace zip file uploaded in moodle plugin directory ?

by Rahul Rai -

Hi Amrata

Yes, it is possible, You need to update the plugin code and if your plugin is on Moodle Plugin store and your site is register with Moodle you will get upgrade notification.  
And if you proceed your code will be upgraded 

In reply to Rahul Rai

by Amrata Ramchandani -

No,I am actually asking how to change the code which was uploaded by me in the plugins directory,It has some errors which I have solved and would like to re upload it.

In reply to Amrata Ramchandani

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Submitted ZIPs can't be replaced - they have been released as a plugin version.

The correct procedure is to release a new version of your plugin that contains the fixes.

All the processing is done against the code submitted via the ZIP files. Your Github (or any other SCM system) is supposed to be used for development. The Plugins directory is where you submit and distribute the plugins.

See https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Plugin_contribution#Sharing_code_in_the_Plugins_directory for more details.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)