Adaptable - can't edit

Adaptable - can't edit

by Heather P -
Number of replies: 5

Hello

I applied the latest release (25th July 2017) of adaptable theme last night to a Moodle 3.3 and now I can't edit categories, can't edit my profile, can't edit the course settings - basically producing an https 500 error on all of the options.

I can edit the actual course as in put in resources and so forth, just no settings seem to work.

Other than take the theme off, what am I looking for to fix this please?

Thank you

Heather

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heather P

Re: Adaptable - can't edit

by Heather P -

Hi

with debugging on I get Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class single_section_page in /moodle/theme/adaptable/renderers.php on line 36

Is this because I have a clone of the theme, as in two versions of the same theme? Before the patch I couldn't get two versions on at all, I thought it was fixed, but this suggests it is not, am I understanding that correctly?

In reply to Heather P

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Error 500 means a server issue or also a PHP error. If you modified or cloned Adaptable then probably this is the problem.

Sorry but I can't help you in that case.

In reply to Heather P

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Heather, the thing when cloning a theme like Adaptable, you do NOT need to copy the renderers as the child theme will inherit them,

You will need to start looking in the place that is being duplicated, and make changes in your child theme.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fortarrigo Piccolomini -

Hi Mary.

I have the same issue.

With two different cloned themes installed I can't access something features (eg: new user creation).

This is the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class single_section_page in /var/www/clients/client1/web41/web/moodle/theme/ilmiocorso/renderers.php on line 36

If I delete renderers.php all functions are ok BUT the frontpage isn't displayed at all for not logged users only.

This is the error on frontpage:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method theme_bootstrapbase_core_renderer::get_dev_alert() in /var/www/clients/client1/web41/web/moodle/theme/ilmiocorso/layout/includes/header.php on line 187

My setup is:

IOMAD 3.3.2 (Build: 20170911)

Adaptable version (used for both cloned themes) 1.5.2

Bootstrapbase theme 2017051500

I'm really desperate. With Iomad 3.1 and previous release of Adaptable was all right.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

In reply to Fortarrigo Piccolomini

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

IOMAD is different to the standard Moodle as it is a multi-tenancy version.

Can you contact the Moodle Partners that maintain IOMAD?

As for Adaptable, Fernando has said that he cannot help and as he is one of the lead maintainer of that Theme then there is little I can do as I don't have a clue how to fix this. Even if I could help, there is no way I can test it as I don't have a clue about the IOMAD version of Moodle.

Sorry,

Mary