Moodle 3.2 - message students who haven't completed a course

Moodle 3.2 - message students who haven't completed a course

by Colin Matheson -
Number of replies: 1

We have been using Moodle for blended learning, but are now also going to use it for mandated trainings for staff. It is the use case of needed all staff to read some content and pass a quiz.

I can see three ways to measure if a student is done: set activity completion to pass the quiz, set course completion to pass the quiz, and/or assign a badge on course completion. I can use all three of theses and they work automatically. I can also send emails to the student and the teacher when the course is complete using Event Monitoring. However, I don't see a way to message all students who have not completed the course/passed the quiz/earned the badge. I can see the option under Reports->Activity Course Participation to send a message to all students who have not attempted the quiz, but it doesn't tell me if they passed the quiz.

Alternatively from doing it inside Moodle, is there a nice way to get the email addresses of all enrolled students who haven't completed the course/passed the quiz/earned the badge and then paste that email list into an email send to field?

Thanks for any help,

Average of ratings: -