Stripped down Atto editor

Stripped down Atto editor

by Frederic Nevers -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, 

I am creating a form in a local plugin, in which I would like to only allow teachers to use bullet point and numbered lists on the Atto editor. I have looked at the Forms API but I cannot find a way to disable Atto plugins for this one form only. I have attached a mockup of what I am after. The only thing I have been able to do is to disable the file uploads.

Am I looking at the wrong place? Has anyone done this before, or can think of examples within the Moodle codebase (or third-party plugins) I could look at? Is it simply impossible without getting a major headache?

Cheers, 

Fred

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frederic Nevers

Re: Stripped down Atto editor

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Paul Holden

by Frederic Nevers -

Thanks a lot for the link, Paul. I am struggling to get things going, as there is no documentation. 

Here is what I have so far, which does not work (i.e. all of the Atto icons are displayed).

$editoroptions = array(
'maxfiles' => 0,
'maxbytes' => 0,
'trusttext' => false,
'noclean' => false,
'context' => $context,
'subdirs' => 0,
'atto:toolbar' => 'style1 = bold, italic'
);

Has anyone implemented this successfully? Am I placing the atto options in the wrong place?

Cheers, 

Fred

In reply to Frederic Nevers

by Peter Spicer -

Hi,

Might be a late reply, but if you're trying to use this inside a regular moodleform instance somewhere, it won't work because of a bug in Moodle - https://tracker.moodle.org/projects/MDL/issues/MDL-59904

As I said in the ticket, I created a new class in my plugin called MoodleQuickForm_simpleeditor, saved as mod/myplugin/simpleeditor.php (not the real path, but one for example uses):

class MoodleQuickForm_simpleeditor extends MoodleQuickForm_editor {
    public function __construct($elementName=null, $elementLabel=null, $attributes=null, $options=null) {
        $this->_options['atto:toolbar'] = '';
        parent::__construct($elementName, $elementLabel, $attributes, $options);
    }
}

Then in my form definition I have:

public function definition() {
        global $CFG;

// Load the files we're going to need.
        require_once("$CFG->libdir/form/editor.php");
        require_once("$CFG->dirroot/mod/myplugin/simpleeditor.php");

$mform = $this->_form;
        require_once("$CFG->libdir/form/editor.php");
        \MoodleQuickForm::registerElementType('simpleeditor', "$CFG->libdir/form/editor.php", 'MoodleQuickForm_simpleeditor');

$editoroptions = array(
            'subdirs' => 0,
            'maxbytes' => 0,
            'maxfiles' => 0,
            'changeformat' => 0,
            'context' => null,
            'noclean' => 0,
            'trusttext' => 0,
            'enable_filemanagement' => false,
            'atto:toolbar' => 'style1 = bold, italic',
        );
        $mform->addElement('simpleeditor', 'mytextfield', null, null, $editoroptions);
        $mform->setType('mytextfield', PARAM_RAW);
    }

(My editor doesn't have a text label on it, but that's because I wanted it to be that way. You'd put the text label in place of the first null there.)

Hope this helps,

Peter