cannot purge standard log in Moodle 3.1 although set keep standard log only for 5 days

cannot purge standard log in Moodle 3.1 although set keep standard log only for 5 days

by William Chan -
Number of replies: 2

Dear ,

I have set "keep stanard log" only for 5 days in Moodle 3.1

However, I find the stanard log is kept for 1 years.

Since the stanard log size is too large, I want to purge standard log only for 5 days.

Please advise how to do it.

Also, I also want to set "kept grade history" to 180 days only.

If i set, do it only purge grade history, any submiited grade for assigment in old Moodle courses are still kept or not?

Regards,

William

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Chan

Re: cannot purge standard log in Moodle 3.1 although set keep standard log only for 5 days

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you have set it to 5 days (you did save the page, yes?) and your Cron is running then it should work. 

In reply to William Chan

Re: cannot purge standard log in Moodle 3.1 although set keep standard log only for 5 days

by Jeff White -

Check your logs if you are getting any time out or out of memory errors. I had this issue when I was adjusting how long to keep my logs in a large environment from never delete logs to keep the logs for a year. You can either increase the limits in your PHP settings or tell the settings to say keep logs for 1000 days let the clean task finish, set it to 365 days, let the clean up task finish, keep going down until you get to the desired time. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)