Favorite Plugins for 9-12 Education

Re: Favorite Plugins for 9-12 Education

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Before I retired, I only taught 7th and 8th grade students. Students who took my introductory computer applications class in the 7th grade, could take an advanced version of the course in 8th grade. I used all of the plugins mentioned here, so far, when I was activly teaching, plus the following.

Podcast (mod_pcast) My advanced class loved to make newscast videos of school events throughout the academic year. I had a really good computer set up with a good camera where they could film their segments and save them on our classroom server. They then edited and added subtitles while using their assigned computer. Once they had a newscast item finalized, they would upload it to the Podcast activity so that everyone could see it.

TicketTracker (mod_tracker) Had this set up on the front page so that everyone could create a ticket for anything to do with my computer lab or any class and lesson on the site.

Dialogue (mod_dialogue) I used dialogue to allow students to "talk" to me privately. We eventually got to the point where they could even record audio/video directly into dialogue converstations by using PoodLL. Made it a little easier when they were using a smart phone to make a recording instead of thumb typing a message.

Video Assessment (mod_videoassessment) This plugin was never available from Moodle and unfortunatley does not seem to be supported for current versions of Moodle. I got it from Moodle Asssociation of Japan Hub. Essentially, it was like a workshop for videos where a student could upload a video, have other students and the teacher assess it, make recommended changes, then upload a new version.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Favorite Plugins for 9-12 Education

by Melissa . -

For the generico, can you please post the settings that you used for the animated countdown?  I don't see it as a default item.

Thanks,

Melissa