latex equation

latex equation

by deb halder -
Number of replies: 3

Through moodle mobile latex equation can not be shown through chrome browser though it's shown through desktop/laptop through the same browser by adding TEX extensions in that browser. If it has been solved it would be a great addition for moodle mobile for scientific presentation.Hope up coming days it would be solved. Thanks moodle up to this time.

Attachment Screenshot_2017-07-06-19-14-36.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to deb halder

Re: latex equation

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi deb,

Is this a problem with all mathematics or only in the multiple choice questions? Using mathematics in question answers is sometimes problematic. If I understand, you are using Chrome browser on  a mobile device, not the Moodle Mobile App. MathJax filter would seem to be what you are using from the delimiters. It may be that javascript is not available in that browser or there is an error in javascript.

In reply to Daniel Thies

by deb halder -

Hi Daniel, It's my pleasure to reply. It's problematic for all kinds of mathematical equation based on latex for both the cases whether I use chrome browser with or without using moodle app.

In reply to deb halder

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I am not clear yet exactly what your configuration is. Normally neither TeX notation filter nor MathJax filter use single $ as a delimiter. The default configuration uses either double $ or \( to delimit TeX code from regular text. MathJax can be configured to use a single $, but that would require changing the configuration options. That may be where the problem is. Can you give us your configuration? You may also try using the standard delimiters.