iPhone app works, Android one does not

iPhone app works, Android one does not

by Marco Lazzarotto -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I am the network administrator in a small company, where Moodle 3.2 has been installed.

Moodle is currently managed by the webmaster, and I give support about networking and OS issues.

The version of Moodle is 3.2, in italian language.

Recently the webmaster enabled the mobile web service, thus enabling the apps from connecting to Moodle.

The site is published via our perimetric firewall. If I connect with the app while I am connected to the company's Wifi the issue doesn't exist.

The issue we are having is that whilst the iOS app is working correctly, the Android app it's not working.

This are the steps I take:

1. Open the app
  2. Enter the website name (it's https://elearning.siaspa.com) in the box
  3. Press "Collegati!" (that's italian, it may be "Connect!" in english

After the press of the button, I can see the loading screen and after a few seconds I get the error message that you can download in the attachments .

PS: in the screenshot I don't have enough signal strenght to connect to the Internet, but the error returned from the app is the same

Attachment Screenshot_20170705-113438.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco Lazzarotto

Re: iPhone app works, Android one does not

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Marco,

I just tried and I'm able to connect fine with my Android device. Which device and Android version are you using?

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

in the FAQ there is a link to SSL checkers, you should check your certificate (chain issues may break the app for Android), see https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=elearning.siaspa.com

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Marco Lazzarotto -

Hello Juan, thank you for your reply.

I checked the certificate and indeed there was a problem in the chain caused by the firewall.

I fixed it and now it works.