Sky High theme "move icon disappears" after upgrade

Sky High theme "move icon disappears" after upgrade

by Arul R -
Number of replies: 12

Moodle Version : 3.3

Sky High Theme Version : 2012112900

After upgrade from 3.1.4 to 3.3 the drag and drop in course page  is not working .

After  "Turn editing on"  while the page loads the "move icon" appears and after page load completed the move icon automatically disappears, so that we can't able to use this feature for to reorder the sections in course page .

I checked the issues in console window and the below image shows the issues in console .

Kindly any one help me to resolve this issue . Thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arul R

Re: Sky High theme "move icon disappears" after upgrade

by Mary Evans -
Core developers இன் படம் Documentation writers இன் படம் Peer reviewers இன் படம் Plugin developers இன் படம் Testers இன் படம்

Hi Jeen,

There has been no guarantee from Moodle that Sky High or indeed its parent theme Base will work in Moodle 3.3. Base theme was last updated in May 2016.

Sadly, as the Maintainer of the Sky High theme, I am not in a position to fix this problem at the moment as I am having major problems with Moodle 3.3 on my test server right now.

However I will look to see if there is some CSS that you can add that may fix it.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Arul R -

Hi Mary Evans, Thanks for your response.

But in my local server (Ubuntu) its working fine without any issues , And my Production server (Windows) here only im facing issues like Drag and drop around course section,Pencil icon not clickable/unresponsive, Add Activity & Resource + icon not clickable, popup window is not working.These are all related to Javascript ? ,

Can you please help me by suggesting the possibility of the error.

Also in console window i see the below

moodle-core-dock-loader: Dock loader initialising
moodle-core-dock-loader: Dock loader watching block with instance id: 5
moodle-core-event: Global event published: FORM_ERROR
moodle-core-event: Global event published: BLOCK_CONTENT_UPDATED
warn: The moodle-core-notification parent module has been deprecated. Please use one of its subclasses instead.
moodle-core_blocks: Block drag and drop initialised with the legacy manager (blocks_for_region used).
moodle-core-actionmenu: Initialising the action menu manager
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: http://domainname/lib/requirejs.php/-1/core/popper.es5.js.map
In reply to Arul R

by Mary Evans -
Core developers இன் படம் Documentation writers இன் படம் Peer reviewers இன் படம் Plugin developers இன் படம் Testers இன் படம்

Yes I am seeing this too...and to be honnest I do not have a clue where all these problems are being generated from, and why! However it looks like JS is broken at some point but where?

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Smith -

Mary, we have this problem with Sky High and we'd like some advice on our theme strategy moving forward. Do you know of anyone we could pay to provide us with some Moodle theme advice and guidance here?

In reply to David Smith

by Mary Evans -

Hi David,

Well technically I should be capable of fixing this as it is probably something minor.

It looks as if the Base theme may be missing an upgrade to some code that was missed off in a previous upgrade of Bootstrapbase prior to base theme being dropped.

First of all can you check that the version of Base and Canvas and Sky High themes are the correct ones you have installed?

These are the ones you should have:

https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_base

https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_canvas

https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_sky_high

In the mean time I will check all these out and get back to you.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Smith -

Thanks Mary,

I'll ask Arul (Jeen) to confirm that we have the latest versions.

We were wondering if we should revert back to a previous version of Moodle, and/or we should switch to another theme. We don't mind switching back to a previous version of Moodle, but we like the Sky High theme and would like to stay with that if we can.

Appreciate all your help here. 

Best regards,

David

In reply to David Smith

by Mary Evans -

Sky High should work OK whatever the version of Moodle, however I need to make sure all the changes are in place to guarantee that it will work on all fronts, like the D&D and Gradebook.

It should still work OK in Frontpage / My Dashboard / and Course pages, but may be better if you switch to Clean theme for Admins and Teachers who need to do Grading and such, as this is the area that may not work as well as it should until I can update it.

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Smith -

Hi Mary,

Another issue we're having is that the Administration block isn't displaying for students, so they can't see their grades. Students are keen to see their grades. This admin block is visible to students in our Moodle 3.1 but not visible in 3.3.

You mentioned that “the Base theme may be missing an upgrade to some code that was missed off in a previous upgrade of Bootstrapbase”. Should we be concerned about this considering that Base theme was dropped? Does this affect Sky_High, if it's based on Base?

Really appreciate your help and guidance here.

Thanks, David

In reply to David Smith

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

Sky High as it is now is not ready for Moodle 3.3.

Whilst Base and Canvas themes are the parent themes of Sky High, the problems you are getting are caused by changes in the way Moodle works. The gradebook for student is still there but in a new location, which I think is the Navigation block.

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Smith -

Hi Mary,

Just letting you know our engineers found the problem and fixed it:

The issue was HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is disabled in our server php.ini configuration file .

By default this is disabled in the newer versions of php. HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA returns the post data in the query string format,as this was disabled we were getting null response for most of the ajax request in our moodle application.

When we were confirming that every ajax request are returning success , we found couple of ajax request were returning the error related to HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA , then we found that this was already disabled in our php configuration, once after enabling this everything is worked as normal.

For moodle this configuration( always_populate_raw_post_data  ) should always be set to -1("always_populate_raw_post_data=-1").