Is quick grading (without popups) available and stable?

Is quick grading (without popups) available and stable?

by r v -
Number of replies: 6
I use moodle (1.5) to manage several courses. My students submit assignments and I grade them online. At the moment, I have a small class so I can just about tolerate the grading feature which requires me to wait up to a couple of seconds for each student's grade entry popup window.

I've seen some mention of quick grading on the forum but I cannot tell whether (a) this feature has been released and is stable or (b) what exactly it looks like or how it works. Can you tell me where exactly to find this information.

Our computer centre will only accept stable modules or upgrade to stable releases.

thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to r v

Re: Is quick grading (without popups) available and stable?

by Bob Puffer -
We had The Linuxbox develop a "spreadsheet" grading interface that's received much discussion and some forks.  I've maintained the original (after initial fixes) on my production system and have experienced no problems.  You can find it here.  It does have some limitations which we'd be interested in removing at some point but right now we're confident in its stability.  
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Dee Kramer -
Hi Bob, could you provide some advice on this problem: 

I have a prof who has 139 students with lots of Grades.  When he clicks Edit Grades, he gets the following message: "No Category to View By".  He has 4 categories and each category has 6 or 7 assignment in it. The work-around is to do it the old way-bring each student up individually.  Thanks.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Michael Penney -
Hi Bob, there were some fixes in the standard gradebook between 1.5 and 1.5.3, were these implemented into your enhannced gradebook or is it based on 1.5 code?
In reply to r v

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, all this is in Moodle 1.5.3 and people are loving it. Screenshot. Stable downloads. Upgrade! smile
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Michael Penney -

Now if we could have a numerical point entry option (instead of the drop downs) with the ability to go above 100 points...

--ducks--