moodle mobile app has no "turn editing on"... why?

Re: moodle mobile app has no "turn editing on"... why?

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I believe the App is aimed at students/learners and so does not have a Turn Editing On button. There is no plugin to add this feature.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by sewar frihat -

Thank you sir for your reply ...but I have a few question please:

I am a student and I have a research about moodle ... I need to know If I can make a plugin to add this feature (Turn Editing On) to the moodle mobile app???

and if the answer is (YES YOU CAN).... I need to know how hard is it??.... and what a problems will face me???

advise me sir I need your opinion about all of that please

P.S.

my name is Sewar and I have a bachlore in Information Technology and now I am  a student in master in Web Tecnology and this post is for my final project ... thank you

In reply to sewar frihat

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The Moodle Mobile app works through web services. To add full editing would require the creation of new web services which is fairly complex. My advice is that creating full editing for Moodle mobile would be enormously complex  and too difficult for a student project. Plus the benefit would be not significant as mobile devices are not ideal for editing content.

For a student it would make more sense to investigate the creation of an editing feature for a specific feature or plugin. One of the advantages of this is that understanding web services in Moodle would give you an understanding of technologies that are very widely used outside Moodle. This page might help with your investigations 

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile

In reply to Marcus Green

by sewar frihat -

Thank you sir for answering  me again but you say :

to investigate the creation of an editing feature for a specific feature or plugin

can you explain this for me and give some examples about this feature or plug in??

Thank you

In reply to sewar frihat

by sewar frihat -
Could you answer my question mr Marcus please??

My question in the last reply before this one 

Thank you

In reply to sewar frihat

by Marcus Green -

I didn't have any particular plugin or feature in mind, though it  just occured to me that it would be nice if teachers could re-order and hide/or reveal items on a course page. There may be a very good reason why that is not possible or advisable (e.g. because course is core moodle and not a plugin), but it was my first thought on the subject.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

it will be possible to create the option to edit anything in the app but it will take years for a single person (even for the most experienced one with Moodle and the app) to implement all the required Web Services and the app interface for that.

So that's not suitable for a final project at all.

Juan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)