What are my options regarding external access to my personal user account?

What are my options regarding external access to my personal user account?

by Jake Parolta -
Number of replies: 2

So the title is a bit long winded and unclear.

Basically, I am a student at a university that uses Moodle as its underlying platform for all the courses. Only recently did the university update their website so that it IS compatible with the Moodle mobile app. They released their own version of the app (Literally just changed the default colour scheme and login url).

Given that I have a valid username and password; what are my options to fetch data pertaining to my own student account?

Particularly, I'm looking to:

1. authenticate (which I have achieved)

2. get a list of my courses

3. get the topics in the courses

4. get the files listed for the topics

I have been programming for a few years but nothing related to web, its all new to me. I've been scrambling to learn as much as I can about http requests and the moodle mobile app. I have achieved these goals in the past but had to resort to scraping html which is both slow and data intensive.

I have also been going through the moodle mobile code on github hoping to find what I need but I must admit JS/Node.js and the project structure confuse me coming from a strictly c++ background.

Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated, I hope I have explained my situation properly.

Regards,

Jake

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jake Parolta

Re: What are my options regarding external access to my personal user account?

by Dave Emsley -

Hi Jake,

If you have authentication then the user_enrolments table is where you need to start.  This contains the "user is enrolled on which course" detail.

Database schema is here - https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Database_schema_introduction

HTH

Dave

In reply to Dave Emsley

Re: What are my options regarding external access to my personal user account?

by Jake Parolta -

Hi Dave thanks for the reply,

As just a user of the site I don't believe I will have access to this?

My university uses a CAS SSO system, by authentication I mean that I am able to authenticate via POST and capture the moodle session cookie and traverse the site.