Moodle Plugin CI v2.0.0 Released

Moodle Plugin CI v2.0.0 Released

by Mark Nielsen -
Number of replies: 6

Hello Moodle plugin developers!

Version 2.0.0 of Moodle Plugin CI has been released.  Since it is a new major version, your current builds will not use it automatically.  To upgrade, please read the upgrade guide.

If you have never heard about the Moodle Plugin CI project, then please read about it at the home page.

Cheers and happy building!

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Mark Nielsen

Re: Moodle Plugin CI v2.0.0 Released

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hey Mark.

Thanks for this.

I ran it on the questionnaire plugin. The section  that tests mustache files returned a bunch of "WARNING" lines along with successes. Also, most of the warnings appear to be complaining about the "Example content" comments. The warnings cause the mustache portion to fail. Should it fail because of warnings?

In reply to Mark Nielsen

by Mike Churchward -

Ah. I think I see what's going on.

It looks like the mustache testing uses whatever data is specified in the example content as input to the template. In my case, I had sloppily put in some unclosed HTML tags in the sample content, which meant the HTML rendered by the template was incorrect.

Guess that means I need to pay better attention to my example content. sad

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Mark Nielsen -

Thanks for trying it out Mike.  And yes, I think it was expected behavior, this is the same check that core uses when you upload your plugin to the plugins DB (via the moodle-local_ci plugin/tool).

In reply to Mark Nielsen

by Dan Poltawski -

Thanks for version 2.0.0 Mark, it's such a great asset to the Moodle development community smile

Note that for the mustache linting it does rely quite heavily on the example context being accurate - there is at least one known issue: MDL-56504 - 'Partials' get validated but really they can only be validated by their complete template. Something to be aware of in your plugins.

In reply to Mark Nielsen

by Mike Churchward -

I also got errors for Behat tests that were not part of the plugin I was testing. Specifically the data and quiz modules: https://travis-ci.org/remotelearner/moodle-mod_questionnaire/jobs/238847532#L1137