Unable to sign into documentation site

Unable to sign into documentation site

by Martin Greenaway -
Number of replies: 7

Hi there, I am unable to sign into the documentation site, with the same credentials I have just used to log in here and post this.  Is there a known issue with the documentation site?

Screenshot of error message 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Greenaway

Re: Unable to sign into documentation site

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which documentation site is it, please?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Martin Greenaway -

Hi Mary, it's the generic docs.moodle.org site.  

The specific url (with the return to showing what I was trying to edit) is:

by Just H -

Not really what you want to hear but to help any troubleshooting, just tried from the link supplied and I logged in with no issue.

In reply to Just H

by Martin Greenaway -

Thanks.  Do you already have an account on the "docs" site, i.e. have you contributed to the docs site previously?  I haven't, and the issue seems to be in creating the new account corresponding to my existing moodle.org account.

by Just H -

Yes I have, been around here for a while; guessing I linked my docs account about eight years ago or so. If I remember correctly there was an issue before after an upgrade so possibly a new bug crept in.

In reply to Just H

Re: Unable to sign into documentation site for the first time

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Martin, sorry to hear that you were unable to log in to Moodle Docs, and thanks Just H for your help in troubleshooting.

I managed to reproduce the problem when using an account with a username containing an at symbol (@) and created MDLSITE-5137 for the bug to be investigated and hopefully fixed soon.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Unable to sign into documentation site for the first time [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Update: The bug has been fixed, so new users with an account with a username containing an at symbol (@) can now log in to Moodle Docs no problem.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)