problem at restored courses - quiz images not load in page

problem at restored courses - quiz images not load in page

by Giorgos Fousekis -
Number of replies: 4

I have a problem.

In quiz that are in restored courses the pics of the quiz does not show in the page. The folder where the file.php search for the pic is the folder of the first (original) course. At the first restored courses i dont have that problem.

If you have admin rights, or work in the pc with the server, all working fine.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Giorgos Fousekis

Re: problem at restored courses - quiz images not load in page

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi George,

your problem isn't a restore problem, I think. It is an issue in quiz module when using questions belonging to a public category of another course.

The first time that you restore the course in a new server, categories don't exist there, so they are created in the restored course and images are showed ok. If you restore the course again, then categories exist in the server and, if they are public, they are used in the new course (instead of duplicating them).

In this situation, quiz module fails to show the images. The same will ocurr if you manually create a course, then a quiz, and you use categories from another course.

But I've good news... smile

Thanks to Henrik Kaipe this issue in courses using "foreign" categories has been resolved. Since November 02, it has been solved in CVS and now all that images are showed fine. Obviously, it works in Moodle 1.2dev but not it 1.1.1...

Hope this helps, ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Giorgos Fousekis -

i download the cvs version and i upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.2dev version. The problem is worst because in the quizes of the cousres the images keep not load even in the first original course

At the upgrade procedure i have a very big list of this 'errors'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have some quiz questions with duplicate stamps IDs. Cleaning these up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_quiz_questions WHERE stamp = 'jupiter+030901160319+2axthA'  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changing question id 84 stamp to jupiter+030901160319+2axthA1

(mysql): UPDATE mdl_quiz_questions SET stamp = 'jupiter+030901160319+2axthA1' WHERE id = '84'  
Changing question id 774 stamp to jupiter+030901160319+2axthA2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i try this upgrade to a new server not in the 'working server'

I will have to build the course and the questions of the begging ???

please help

Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi George,

the "very big list of this errors" when upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.2dev is absolutely normal. It's part of the upgrade process and it checks some things about internal questions identifiers. It isn't an error, sure !!

About your problems after upgrading to 1.2dev ("not seeing quiz images in you original course") it's vey strange.

I have 1.2dev installed and I'm able to see quiz images in "original" and "destination" courses without problems at all.

Could you send me (privately) a backup of your original course (backuped from 1.2dev, please!!) to make some tests in my server ?

TIA and ciao, Eloy smile

Hi George,

I've restored your "win" course (the large one, OWNER of the questions) in my server. Restore has worked fine and I'm able to see the quizzes with images.

Then I've restored your "win-la" course (the short one, USER of the questions) in my server. Restore has worked fine and I'm able to see the quizzes with images too.

Then I've deleted the courses completely and I've restored the "win-la" course (the USER of the questions) first. In this case, images are no showed.

The cause of this is that the "win-la" (USER) course uses questions from an imported category (from "win" - OWNER course). Although questions are included in backup, files belonging to that course (images) are no included in backup, because they belong to another course area.

In every backup-file, only files belonging to its "course area" are included.

To solve this issue, you have this alternatives (workarrounds):

1.-Backup and restore always the OWNER course of the questions first. Then, you can restore every course using that questions (USER) without problems at all.

Or

2.-Backup and restore the USER course using "foreign" questions. All will work without problems but the images. Copy them from the OWNER course to your new restored course (USER).

What do you think ? In a perfect world if could be possible to selectively include that images in the backup, but it involves copying files from another course dir and I'm not sure if that is correct.

Anyway, comments will be welcome.

TIA and ciao, Eloy smile