Moodle 3.3 modedit.php error message

Moodle 3.3 modedit.php error message

by Íde O'Neill -
Number of replies: 11

Hi 

I have just installed Moodle 3.3  and am trying to upload a SCORM package (9,421KB) but I am getting the above error message: course/modedit.php

File upload size is set to 128.

Any assistance would be gratefully received!

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Íde O'Neill

Re: Moodle 3.3 modedit.php error message

by Íde O'Neill -

Hi 

just wondering if there is any help on this issue?

I should also have mentioned that the zip check box has also been selected.  I have re-installed Moodle 3.3, just in case there was a possible problem therein but, to no avail.  I am still getting this error message when I try to upload a scorm package:

Error Message

In reply to Íde O'Neill

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Error 500 won't tell much ... could be many reasons ... suggest turning on debugging.   Try uploading or doing whatever you were doing with SCORM.   Copy the debug output to a text file.  Come back to this thread and paste.   Not a SCORM expert but debug output would probably be what would be requested by someone who was. ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Íde O'Neill -

Hi Ken

As I am a novice Moodler, I don't know how or where to access the debug file. I followed the instructions as per this site but couldn't find the location of the data required.

I decided to re-install Moodle 2.9 and had no difficulties uploading the scorm packages and also find the navigation easier.

Is there a section in this forum for Absolute-Beginners-with-no-knowledge-of-programming? I would certainly like to learn more!  Maybe you could explain further about locating debugging data.

Thanks for you help. Ken smile

In reply to Íde O'Neill

by Ken Task -

Debugging ... is not a set of files, but a 'setting' ... option to turn on/off.

Site Admin -> Development -> Debugging

PIck list at top of the debugging form ... entitled Debug Messages has 5 options ... default is none.

To get the max output, which will be technical, Developer

Now remember where you went to turn it on.   After collecting debug information, one would not want debugging to remain on for students/others to see.

If there is output from debugging, it should show to the screen.   Copy the debug output (highlight with your mouse and copy to clipboard of your computer), then open a new text document [NotePad (PC) or TexedEdit (Mac)], paste the debug output into that text document, Save it.

Turn off debugging on your site.   Come back to this thread and in a response paste the text from the text document OR simply upload the text document so that others can see.

Before doing the above ... suggest looking over the text document and removing URL's to your site - search and replace in NotePad or TextEditor can do that ...

Search for http://yoursite/ ... replace with http://MYSITE/

But, since you've re-installed the 2.9 where you were not having any problems, the above would be hard to do since the 3.3 you were trying to get running, isn't there anymore.

Still something you should learn to do with any version of Moodle.

The error screen you saw (Error 500) wasn't a Moodle error screen, but an apache server error and the only way to get a clue/hint is to search the raw error logs of the apache server.   There is no Moodle tool that does that.

In response to the request for a place for:

"Absolute-Beginners-with-no-knowledge-of-programming"

I'll defer any recommendation as am sure at least 2 others will have suggestions for you. @Mary @Helen ... might be @other's.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Íde O'Neill

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I see that the error has to do with "class-scrapbook.net".  Hmmm, where is this URL?  Maybe your SCORM file has an absolute reference to a website that no longer exists.  Just a guess on my part.  Or maybe the URL is wrong in the SCORM package.  Maybe this has nothing to do with Moodle?

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Íde O'Neill -

Hi Rick

I think part of the issue was the registration of the site, which I have now resolved (I hope!).

Thanks for your input! smile

In reply to Íde O'Neill

by Íde O'Neill -

Hi

can anyone advise as to how I can address this error message which has appeared in the 'hubs' page:

hubs error message

Thank you

In reply to Íde O'Neill

by Ken Task -

Is this last question/issue related to subject line (Moodle 3.3)?  

Reason asked ... there is no zend in /lib/ of 3.3 code.   There is the path in the pic of  2.9.x code.  Unfortunately, I do not have a 2.9 running any longer to investigate.

There is this, however:

http://php.net/manual/en/migration56.deprecated.php

Above is technical but does has a section that specifically mentions.

Also, to which HUB are you trying to connect?

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Íde O'Neill -

Hi Ken

Q1: I am using Moodle 2.9 (probably should have begun a new thread, sorry)

Q2: the site appears to be registered but I don't know how to address the other options i.e.: public hub / private hub

question 2aquestion 2

In reply to Íde O'Neill

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Íde O'Neill,

Yes, your site is registered with moodle.net where you can search for, download, or maybe enroll in some courses listed on the moodle.net hub.

If you click one of the links in Public hub, then you can register on that hub.

If you know the address and password of a private hub, you can put the info in the appropriate box and register on the private hub. The private hub might be one of your own that you set up. If like me, you run a number of Moodle sites, I do have my own private hub set up. Comes in handy for archiving courses, as well as making it easy to transfer a course from one Moodle to another.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Íde O'Neill -

Hi AL

Thank you for your reply and your clarification of the issue.  

Maybe you could advise as to how I might resolve the following which appears on the hub page:Error Message - hubs

Thank you. smile