In maintenance mode and now cannot log back in

In maintenance mode and now cannot log back in

لە لایەن Nikki Macfarlane -
Number of replies: 2

I put my site into maintenance mode while I was making changes and then I timed out. I now cannot log back in! Can some tell me what the url is that i use to log back in as an administrator so I can finish what needs to be done and then take it out of maintenance mode?

I can get as far as the log in page by clicking links on the page I left open but then it says that cookies are not enabled in my browser even though they are. I am getting the same problem with both Chrome and Firefox.

Is there any way to take my site out of maintenance mode through database settings? I tried setting the maintenance_enabled field in the mdl_course_config table to 0 and it did not work. 

Thanks!!

تێکرایى نمرەپێدراوەکان: -
In reply to Nikki Macfarlane

Re: In maintenance mode and now cannot log back in

لە لایەن Ken Task -
وێنەی Particularly helpful Moodlers

There are some differences depending upon Moodle version ... so here's a short list of possible temp fixes.   First and formost, probably never a good idea to edit tables - besides the table you edited mdl_course_config wasn't the right one anyway ... change that back! ;)

See if there is a maintenance.html file in moodledata ... think that's where older versions stored the file ... that had the notice one would see if configured.   If present, moodle thinks it's in maintenance mode.

If not in moodledata, look in moodle code directory.

If you have command line access - ssh - then:

cd /pathtomoodlecode/admin/cli/

then issue:

php maintenance.php --disable [ENTER]

or, edit config.php and add a line:

$CFG->maintenance = '0';

Check your mdl_config table ... that's where that variable should be stored.

None of the above should require reboot of the server NOR restarting web service.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

تێکرایى نمرەپێدراوەکان:Useful (1)