Migrating Oauth2 (LinkedIn) users to new core Oauth2

Re: Migrating Oauth2 (LinkedIn) users to new core Oauth2

di Alejandro Orviz -
Numero di risposte: 4

Hi Les,

I've followed the same process and some of my users have received the email in their SPAM folder. So, my suggestion is to send a "newsletter" informing the users about the validation process and to check their spam folder just in case.

Anyway, As said in other entry of this threat it would be great if there was a chance to avoid this mail to the users that had been using the old OAuth module in previous Moodle versions. I assume it's not easy to fix from a tech point of view, bur from a user point of view it doesn't make any sense they've been login for years with their google account in the platform and now the have to validate it again.

Best regards,

Alejandro

In riposta a Alejandro Orviz

di David Heuring -

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting the error message "The system account was not connected for offline access" when I go to enable LinkedIn and Facebook?  I've successfully set up Oauth2 for Google and Microsoft but something isn't right for Facebook and LinkedIn.  When I go to connect, it doesn't go to Facebook or LinkedIn for the final step (like it did for Google and Microsoft) and just returns me to the Moodle Oauth 2 service settings with that message displayed at the top.  I've double checked all of the settings and they look correct.  Purged Moodle cache, too, but I get the same result.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

In riposta a David Heuring

di Sergio Rabellino -
Immagine Particularly helpful Moodlers Immagine Plugin developers

Which release of moodle are you using ? did you configure the oauth2 plugin or you are using the native (Moodle >3.2) oauth2 feature ?

In riposta a Sergio Rabellino

di David Heuring -

It's Moodle 3.4.1+ (Build: 20180208) Version 2017111301.04.  I'm using the native Moodle oauth2 feature.  I was able to get Microsoft and Google set up properly.  Not happening with LinkedIn and Facebook.  I double-checked all the settings as well as the endpoints and everything seems correct to me.  I'm also logged into LinkedIn and Facebook developer accounts but when I try to connect to authorize, it just returns to the Moodle Oauth2 Service page instead of going to LinkedIn and Facebook to get approval.  The message at the top says - "The system account was not connected for offline access".  I also turned on debugging but nothing showed when I tried to connect.