mobile app - SCORM - webpage not available / file not found

mobile app - SCORM - webpage not available / file not found

by Martin Vojtela -
Number of replies: 8

Hi everyone,

I am getting the following error when trying to open a SCORM module in the mobile app. 

Webpage not available

file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.moodlemobile/sites/511.....

net:: ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

The package is SCORM v1.2, HTML5, Storyline 2 and has been previously working, but for some reason, it stopped (we have multiple with the same behaviour). We also have other SCORM packages, built differently, that are working.

I have reinstalled the app, wiped the cache, created a new course and made a fresh upload of the package, but to no avail.

Did anyone experience the same? I would be extremely grateful for any advice,

Martin

Attachment Screenshot_2017-05-05-12-00-15-219_com.moodle.moodlemobile.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Vojtela

Re: mobile app - SCORM - webpage not available / file not found

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

please, upload here one of the packages with the issue so we can check in a local installation.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Paul Bennett -

Hi Juan,

I am encountering the same problem with our SCORM courses. Unfortunately I am not able to attach a copy of a SCORM package for you to examine due to the 500 KB size limit placed on attachments.  

Please let me know if you are able to assist; I will send the URL & access details via email. 

Thank you!

Paul Bennett
Ottawa, ON. Canada
paul.bennett@instruxmedia.com

In reply to Paul Bennett

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Paul,

is this failing as soon as the SCORM is opened or it happens when you perform some action in the SCORM?

Can you please send us a test account so we can take a look? Please send us the Moodle URL, username and password to mobile@moodle.com.

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Paul Bennett -

Hi Dani,

It fails as soon as we try to open the SCORM activity.

Login details have been sent to mobile@moodle.com.

Best regards,

Paul

In reply to Paul Bennett

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Paul,

I just checked it and it works fine in iOS, but not in Android. The problem is in the ZIP file.

I guess the ZIP file was created in Windows, since all the paths inside it have inverted slashes (\). I looked at the extracted data and all the paths were like this:

PATHTOPACKAGE/html\launch.html

When the SCORM is launched, it tries to load this file:

PATHTOPACKAGE/html/launch.html

As you can see, both paths don't match, so the app is unable to load the file. I guess iOS is smart enough to match both paths, but Android doesn't.

The unzip in the app is handled by native code, so we cannot treat it. You should create the ZIP file in a Unix system so it works in Android.

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Paul Bennett -

Hi Dani,

Thank you for taking a look at our SCORM package.  Strange that packing the course on Windows system would cause such a problem. I have taken each of the courses and compressed them on our Linux server and confirmed that they now work perfectly within Moodle Mobile on all platforms.  

Cheers!

Paul

In reply to Paul Bennett

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Paul,
what was the software used to pack it on Windows?
Give 7-zip a try.

HTH,
Matteo