how to customize

how to customize

by vinod vinod -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I have installed the moodle, i wanted to know how to customize the firt login page i.e, http://www.mydomain.com/login/index.php

The page contains two sections one is at left side and one is at right side

i wanted to edit the content in both sections.

As everyone knows right side content contains;

Hi! For full access to courses you'll need to take a minute to create a new account for yourself on this web site. Each of the individual courses may also have a one-time "enrolment key", which you won't need until later. Here are the steps:

1. Fill out the New Account form with your details.
  2. An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
  3. Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
  4. Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
  5. Now, select the course you want to participate in.
  6. If you are prompted for a "enrolment key" - use the one that your teacher has given you. This will "enrol" you in the course.
  7. You can now access the full course. From now on you will only need to enter your personal username and password (in the form on this page) to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.

I wanted to edit this section can someone tell me where can i find that file from the downloaded moodle script. I tried my level best and after failing i came here to get some help so please someone help me out with this. I wanted to add some more text after that 7th point.

Also i wanted to add some new links to the main page

i.e, site map or kind of that stuff so can anyone know where to add those links code in which file.

Thanks in Advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to vinod vinod

Re: how to customize

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
You will be surprised how easy this is smile

You need to edit your language files. You will find the text in moodle/lang/xx/moodle.php, where you can edit it. If your files are writable on the server, you can use the build in language editor in the administration menu. If you want to preserve your changes trough upgrades of Moodle, you can better take a look at the translationguide in the moodle documentation and follow the advice on making small modifications to a language pack.

In reply to koen roggemans

by celso cruz -
I was able to locate the moodle.php file, however, I can't figure out a way to add a logo to the right side, can anybody tell me how to add an image, my school logo.

Thanks,
In reply to celso cruz

by Om prakash -
You can add a logo in moodle/theme/<selected theme for your moodle>.