Nothing to Display error: Auto Attendance Block

Nothing to Display error: Auto Attendance Block

by Qadeer Ahmad -
Number of replies: 9

I have already created many courses and enrolled multiple students but when I check the user list or sessions. It says "Nothing to Display" error message. Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Qadeer Ahmad

Re: Nothing to Display error: Auto Attendance Block

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you created the sessions?  Are you looking at a week that has sessions in it?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Qadeer Ahmad -

Yes, I have created multiple sessions but when I click on the green circle trigger to take attendance. It simply shows "Nothing to Display". PFA, these snapshots will further clarify my problem. I guess, it might not be connected with the back end databases.

Attachment 2.PNG
Attachment 3.PNG
In reply to Qadeer Ahmad

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

All your sessions are for 2016...were there any students enrolled at that time?

by Qadeer Ahmad -
No, there were not any students on that time. I created all the students at Feb 2016. But all the sessions still says "Nothing to Display". Even though, I have created manual sessions from Feb-May 2017, still the same issue occurs. One more issue is that it is not connecting with the back end. Is there anything to do with Class Settings tab cuz it shows add a class. But by class it means course or year category. 
In reply to Qadeer Ahmad

by Emma Richardson -

If Moodle wasn't connecting the database, you would not have the site loading.  You have something set up wrong. 

Attendance has to be added to the class.  The students need to be enrolled in the class.  The dates of the Attendance sessions need to be during the time that the students are enrolled in the class.

What class settings tab?  Please provide screenshots...

by Qadeer Ahmad -
Look Emma, I don't know what is the use of Class Settings tab. I have created courses and enrolled users manually. If I am not wrong, you are saying that I should repeat the same steps as you have mentioned in your last reply. PFA, it will clarify the problem.

Does my courses and the students enrolled in them have any co-relation with Class Settings Tab.

Attachment 11.PNG
Attachment 12.PNG
In reply to Qadeer Ahmad

by Emma Richardson -

Sorry, I owe you an apology.  I thought you were using the basic attendance block.  I just realized that you are using the auto attendance block.  This has not been worked on in over a year and is only showing as compatible for 3.0.  Do you have both the block and the module installed?

by Qadeer Ahmad -
Yes, I have installed Block and Module of Auto Attendance and the version, I am using is Moodle 3.2 with Aadvark Theme.
In reply to Qadeer Ahmad

by R K -

Hi Qadeer

are you resolve this problem ?. I have the same issue.