External AICC Course Launching in Moodle but not sending back grade or tracking.

Re: External AICC Course Launching in Moodle but not sending back grade or tracking.

by Michael Begg -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All,

I am having the exact same problem (in Moodle 3.2) - only, additionally, as well as with externally hosted AICC packages, this is happening with locally uploaded SCORM packages too. They behave fine in SCORM cloud, but don't return any test results in my Moodle instance.

Anyone able to offer advice, or a troubleshooting walkthrough to test local SCORM implementation in Moodle with common errors highlighted?

Thanks

In reply to Michael Begg

Re: External AICC Course Launching in Moodle but not sending back grade or tracking.

by Alain Jacquet -

Hi there

I encountered the same problem with a SCORM Package in Moodle 3.2. 

The cause of this is that if the user is not enrolled in the course with the STUDENT role, the scores are not recorded. 

Go to the permissions page and see whether the role your users have includes permissions  around scorm_recording_scores. 

This solved my problem! 

In reply to Alain Jacquet

by Donna Richardson -

Hi,

Can anyone suggest why I am not getting completion tracked for some student learners on my External AICC URL courses, I am getting pass score results but completion is not being indicated?

These courses are part of a package which means students are still showing as outstanding in my final reports.

Embarrassingly we are still using 2.7! 

In reply to Donna Richardson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There are a number of AICC/SCORM (and other bugs) fixed since Moodle 2.7 was released - you should see if you can reproduce this using a MoodleCloud site - hard to give any further guidance without doing a lot more investigation sorry!

You might consider engaging with a Moodle Partner to help you upgrade/ or diagnose the issues.