I want to add new survey type

I want to add new survey type

by Imran Patel -
Number of replies: 2

Hello All,

Is surveys can work on the following levels:  course, curricula, company, clients, class instructors, departments.  The big ideas is to be able to send different surveys and get the necessary feedback from each of the possible cross-section of the participants.  The system level to notify all users in the event we need to bring the system down for maintained and confirm their acknowledgement.

Any Idea about new survey type ?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Imran Patel

Re: I want to add new survey type

by Stuart Mealor -

Survey's, like any Moodle activty, can be placed in any Courses - it doesn't matter how you organise these Courses - e.g. in department Categories etc.

But I do not think you are really talking about a Moodle Survey - the Moodle activity.

You should probably consider the Feedback activity.

Also:

"The system level to notify all users in the event we need to bring the system down for maintained and confirm their acknowledgement."

That is a completely different function, and nothing to do with the Moodle Survey activity.  You would probably use a main Announcements Forum on the site (as the post will be emailed to everyone), or, as administrator, use a manual Message to all users about a scheduled site downtime.

"Any Idea about new survey type?"

There was a project from the Moodle Parter in Italy to develop SurveyPro - but it appears this is no longer being considered for use in core Moodle, although it may still be available as a plugin (although last report is that it does not work well with the Boost Theme).

In reply to Stuart Mealor

Re: I want to add new survey type

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

SurveyPro has continued to be actively developed by Danielle Cordella and the current version is hosted at:

https://github.com/kordan/moodle-mod_surveypro

I have just downloaded it into a Moodle 3.4dev (Build: 20171006) local server and it works beautifully, in the standard Boost theme.

No errors reported with full developer debugging enabled.

There is some Moodle Docs information at https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Surveypro_module.

I would suggest you to try it in a local server and, if it meets your needs,  later proceed to install it in a real server.