Geogebra plugin documentation

Geogebra plugin documentation

by Roberto Catanuto -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle 3.1 here

Anyone using https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/GeoGebra in their moodle activities?

I'm looking for help and documentation but have found nothing helpful. I'd simply like students to use geogebra applets straight into their moodle quiz and then give answers as usual. But I haven't understood how to use it really.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roberto Catanuto

Re: Geogebra plugin documentation

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
What you have to do is to write a GeoGebra file with a boolean variable that is true when a certain condition is fullfilled. Then in a test (with the GeoGebra question type) you can check whether that variable is true.

The tricky part is to do it correctly in the GeoGebra file.

If you are not in a hurry, I'm going to do a workshop in a few weeks time about the topic (for Moodle 3.1) and will start writing the documentation next week.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matthias Giger

by Roberto Catanuto -

Thanks Matthias, I'm interested in your workshop and documentation.

Where are you going to give them?

In reply to Roberto Catanuto

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In the meantime I've done the workshop, so here is a first little help how to include a GeoGebra file into a Moodle test (provided you have installed the plugin).

In your test choose GeoGebra question type and than either link to a file on GeoGebra materials or drag a file into the appropriate section.

setting up a GeoGebra question - part 1

As the test activity always checks for a true/false (boolean) variable, the simplest GeoGebra test file just consists of such a variable (see attached file).

What you have to do now, is to tell GeoGebra which variable to use, e.g. boolean (the name of the variable in the GeoGebra file).

GeoGebra question - Part 2

That's all.