Cannot Get to Forums Preferences

Cannot Get to Forums Preferences

by Annie Guetschow -
Number of replies: 6

If the theme being used does not include a user menu (which pops up when you click your name in the top, right corner of Moodle), users will need to go to their Profile page by clicking their name, click 'Edit profile;' and then use the breadcrumb trail to go back to the 'preferences' page.

I do not have a breadcrumb trail to go back to the preferences page.  How may I get to Forums Preferences?

With the theme I am I click my name, Profile, edit user profile, but there is no breadcrumbs trail.

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Annie Guetschow

Re: Cannot Get to Forums Preferences

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Annie,

As this is a themes problem, I am going to move the discussion to the Themes forum. Please reply with the name and version of the theme you are using (Site administration -> Plugins -> Plugins overview, then click on 'Additional plugins') and also your Moodle version.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Annie,

Which version of Moodle are you using? Also what is the name of your theme?

Without this information it is difficult to find a solution for this problem that you are having with Moodle.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Annie Guetschow -

Mary,

Happy Friday!

Here is the information you requested.

Moodle Version: 2016052303

Moodle Release 3.1.3

Theme = Do Not Force

Thank you,

Annie

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Annie, 

That's not the theme name, that's just the setting in either the course settings page or a user profile when the ability to override the site theme is enabled at one of those levels. 

To the find the current theme, go to Site Administration - Appearance - Themes - Theme Selector and tell us what th Default theme identified there is. 

You can find the version for that theme in Site Administration - Plugins - Plugins Overview, or in its version.php file if you have access to the server files. 

Richard 

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Annie Guetschow -

Ahh!  Thank you.  The current theme is "Express."

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Annie,

'Express' is a MoodleRooms specific theme, so you will probably need to ask them for support directly

Average of ratings: Useful (1)